Senior Nights and College Prep
Preparing for College
- Preparing for College Annual Checklist 9-12: pdfCollege Checklist (269 KB)
- College Prep 101 Powerpoint Presentation: documentCollege Prep PowerPoint (1.04 MB)
- College Entrance Exams - have you taken them? Most universities require a college entrance exam score. Find out which test is right for you.
- Difference between ACT and SAT: pdfACT SAT Comparison (111 KB)
- Register for the ACT: http://www.actstudent.org
- Register for the SAT: https://sat.collegeboard.org/home
- *To find out if you qualify for a fee waiver for ACT and SAT exams, please contact your school counselor
- Chegg test prep: ACT Test Day Article
- SAT Test Prep: Free SAT Prep Resources
- ACT Test Prep: Free ACT Prep Resources
- Have your student login to their Naviance account to begin the college search: http://naviance.com
- Identify Important Factors in Choosing a College: pdfChoosing a College (416 KB)
- Common College Application Mistakes to Avoid: pdfCollege Application Mistakes (282 KB)
- College Essay Writing Tips: pdfCollege Essay Tips (839 KB)
- Letter of Recommendation Forms: pdfLetter of Recommendation Forms (130 KB)
Financing your Education
Federal Financial Aid can help students finance their post-secondary education. For more information, please visit the Federal Financial Aid website (https://fafsa.ed.gov).
Get an estimate of the amount of aid you qualify for by visiting the FAFSA4caster website (https://fafsa.ed.gov/FAFSA/app/f4cForm?execution=e1s1).
Attention DREAMers! Eligibility for the Washington State Need Grant has been expanded to include low-income, non-citizen students who meet the program's income and residency requirements. Students unable to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to immigration status may instead complete the free Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) (http://www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa).
Download this list of Documents Needed to Complete FAFSA/WASFA: pdfList of Documents Needed to Complete FAFSA (161 KB)
Set up a College Board account for individualized access to scholarships, college search engines, and much more! https://www.collegeboard.org
Set up a Fast Web account to receive scholarship information matched to you: http://www.fastweb.com
Quincy High School's Monthly Scholarship Newsletter: Scholarship Newsletter