Welcome to the College Preparation page!
On this page you will find resources to help you prepare for college admissions, research colleges and universities, and finance your education. We hope you find this page informational, and look forward to answering any questions you may have about post-secondary education. For more personalized assistance in creating a post-secondary plan, please schedule an appointment with your counselor.
Preparing for College
- Preparing for College Annual Checklist 9-12: Coming soon
- College Prep 101 Powerpoint Presentation: Coming soon
- College Entrance Exams - have you taken them? Most universities require a college entrance exam score. Find out which test is right for you.
- Difference between ACT and SAT: Coming soon
- Register for the ACT: http://www.actstudent.org
- Register for the SAT: https://sat.collegeboard.org/home
- *To find out if you qualify for a fee waiver for ACT and SAT exams, please contact your school counselor
- Chegg test prep: ACT Test Day Article
- SAT Test Prep: Free SAT Prep Resources
- ACT Test Prep: Free ACT Prep Resources
- Have your student login to their Naviance account to begin the college search: http://naviance.com
- Identify Important Factors in Choosing a College:Coming soon
- Common College Application Mistakes to Avoid:Coming soon
- College Essay Writing Tips: Coming soon
- Letter of Recommendation Request Form
Financing your Education
Federal Financial Aid can help students finance their post-secondary education. For more information, please visit the Federal Financial Aid website (https://fafsa.ed.gov).
Get an estimate of the amount of aid you qualify for by visiting the FAFSA4caster website (https://fafsa.ed.gov/FAFSA/app/f4cForm?execution=e1s1).
Attention DREAMers! Eligibility for the Washington State Need Grant has been expanded to include low-income, non-citizen students who meet the program's income and residency requirements. Students unable to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to immigration status may instead complete the free Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) (http://www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa).
Download this list of Documents Needed to Complete FAFSA/WASFA: Coming soon
Set up a College Board account for individualized access to scholarships, college search engines, and much more! https://www.collegeboard.org
Set up a Fast Web account to receive scholarship information matched to you: http://www.fastweb.com